See submittal sheet for detailed operational, performance and material data.
See SDS sheet for safety data.
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
Aeroflex has everything you need to complete your insulation project, including pipe hanger fittings, fabricated fittings, tapes, adhesives & coatings.
Aerocel® with SaniGuard™
Aerocel with SaniGuard PVC jacketing is a perfect choice for systems where sanitary conditions must be maintained and/or surfaces will be exposed to washdown. Typical applications include food and beverage processing, refrigeration/frozen storage facilities, pharmaceutical plants and grocery stores. The properly sized Saniguard jacketing is supplied with the Aerocel closed-cell elastomeric pipe insulation as a separate component to be installed in the field.
The SaniGuard jacketing provides a smooth, highly cleanable surface that repels liquid and resists abrasion. It also meets FDA and USDA washdown standards when installed using welding adhesive. The jacketing is shipped in 38” sections, along with proper joint closures, elbow and tees.
Aerocel insulation has everything you would expect from a closed-cell pipe insulation – flexibility, moisture resistance, low thermal conductivity, etc. Plus, it’s made with a proprietary blend of EPDM rubber that makes it uniquely durable when exposed to moisture, water vapor and UV. It may be supplied as standard tube or with Aeroflex’s SSPT dual tape seam closure.
Aerocel with Saniguard provides a complete, wash proof insulated system for your most sanitary applications!
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• IECC, International Energy Conservation Code
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• Meets FDA and USDA washdown standards*
• Meets Wal-Mart CO2 refrigeration specifications
• Efficient, low-thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV AND Moisture Resistance
• Provides mechanical protection
• Enhanced EPDM performance in a standard pipe insulation
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, nitrosamine or fibers
*When properly installed using welding adhesive
Hot and Cold Water Piping
Exterior Piping Systems
Continuous Usage Range: -297°F to +257°F ( -183°C to +125°C)
Thermal Conductivity (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03 for Aerocel Insulation 0.02 for SaniGuard.
Fire Rating: 25/50 rated (ASTM E84)*
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
UV Resistance: ASTM G 7
*Through 2-inch wall