Aerocel® with SaniGuard™
Aerocel® EPDM Pipe Insulation with SaniGuard™ is a closed-cell and lightweight EPDM-rubber based elastomeric product that includes a highly cleanable surface jacket.
Aerocel® EPDM Pipe Insulation with SaniGuard™ is designed for insulating warm or cold piping in applications where exceptional cleanliness during operation is required. Aerocel® EPDM Elastomeric Pipe Insulation is supplied in 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″ thicknesses, in popular I.D. sizes up to 16″ IPS. Please check for specific size combinations.
The tightly formed, closed-cell structure of Aerocel® EPDM Pipe Insulation makes it an efficient insulation, providing superior insulating capacity to many materials, including other elastomeric insulations. SaniGuard™ PVC jacket provides a highly, cleanable, liquid repellant, abrasion-resistant surface. Aerocel® is manufactured to consistently provide actual values on these key performance criteria for mechanical system insulation:
Thermal Conductivity: 0.245
Water Vapor Transmission, Perms: 0.03 for Aerocel® Insulation, .02 for SaniGuard™
UV Resistance: ASTM G 7 and ASTM G 90
Fire Rating: Will not contribute significantly to fire (simulated end-use testing)
Aerocel® EPDM pipe insulations, in 1/4″ through 2″ thickness, has a flame spread rating of 25 or less and a smoke developed rating of 50 or less as tested by ASTM E 84 “Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials.”
SaniGuard™ also provides and ASTM E84 flame spread rating of 25 or less and a smoke developed rating of 50 or less.
Key Specification Features:
- Meets Wal-Mart Co2 refrigeration specifications
- Product can be installed on a wide variety of projects: grocery, food processing, pharmaceutical, refrigeration/frozen storage facilities
- Meets FDA and USDA wash down standards when applied with welding adhesive
Key Product Features:
- Out of the factory carton easy to install cladding/tubing system
- Jacketing has self memory- it rolls back on itself making it easy to install
- Jacket length is cut to 38″ widths providing proper joint closure of pipe sections, elbows and tees
- Easy to seal the longitudinal and butt end seems
- Tubing is not attached to the jacketing; allowing the tubing to be pushed away during the brazing process
- 30 mil jacket provides excellent wash down, abrasion-resistant capabilities
- 30 mil jacket provides excellent UV resistance unlike 20 mil; 20 mil jacketing is not UV resistant
- SaniGuard™ priced to keep projects within budget