Aerocel® ULP™ saves significant cost for additional materials and labor – eliminates added vapor-retarders in typical HVAC and DX refrigeration systems
Aerocel® ULP™ can be used in conditions that no other insulation can without added moisture protection – outdoors, other intermittent water-soaking environments. This saves on installation cost. Aerocel® ULP ™ is not meant to be used in food processing or other routine wash-down environments without added coverings, like Aerocel® with SaniGuard.
Fiberglass, mineral wool, polisocyanurate(PIR), extruded polystyrene(XPS), expanded polystyrene(EPS), phenolic resin, and other flexible elastomeric(FEF) insulation materials require the addition of a vapor-retarding material to create water vapor-resistant and moisture-resistant insulation systems.
Cellular glass requires extensive sealing and jacketing to complete the vapor-retarder and water-resistance properties of the insulation system, increasing cost.
Other cellular insulations have two longitudinal seams and more butt-ends that must be sealed with joint sealant.
- Aerocel® ULP™ with SSPT and Cel-Link II seal immediately with no dry/cure time. Ready for service when installed!
- Aerocel® ULP™ – one side to seal, fewer butt-ends to seal. Aeroseal Adhesive is ready to go within minutes of installation
- Time to apply joint sealant
- Time for joint sealant to dry before apply added vapor retarder
- More butt seams to seal because of sectional lengths of 24" or 36" vs. Aerocel® ULP™ at 72"