View/download data sheet.
View/download safety data sheet
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
Aeroflex has everything you need to complete your insulation project, including pipe hanger fittings, fabricated fittings, tapes, adhesives & coatings.
Aerocel® REF™ Refrigeration Insulation
Aerocel REF closed-cell elastomeric piping insulation helps keep critical refrigeration systems up and running 24/7 with superior moisture resistance and condensation control.
A wide temperature operating range makes Aerocel REF suitable for most any refrigeration application. It is even able to withstand high temperature spikes from hot gas defrost cycles. A proprietary blend of EPDM rubber is to thank for its versatility, super low permeability and overall durability.
Aerocel REF is available in solid tube and pre-slit tube with Aeroflex’s SSPT dual tape seam closure.
See submittal sheet for sizes, thicknesses and corresponding R-values.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• IECC, International Energy Conservation Code
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• MIL-P-15280 (S,T)
• Efficient, low-thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV AND Moisture Resistance
• Easy to install and keep clean
• Enhanced EPDM performance
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, nitrosamine or fibers
Continuous Usage Range: -297°F to +257°F ( -183°C to +125°C)
Thermal Conductivity (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03
Fire Rating: 25/50 rated (ASTM E84)*
Plenum-Rated: NFPA 90A/90B
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
*Through 2-inch wall