See submittal sheet for detailed operational, performance and material data.
See SDS sheet for safety data.
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
Aeroflex has everything you need to complete your insulation project, including pipe hanger fittings, fabricated fittings, tapes, adhesives & coatings.
Aerocel® REF™ Refrigeration Insulation
Aerocel REF closed-cell elastomeric piping insulation helps keep critical refrigeration systems up and running 24/7 with superior moisture resistance and condensation control.
A wide temperature operating range makes Aerocel REF suitable for most any refrigeration application. It is even able to withstand high temperature spikes from hot gas defrost cycles. A proprietary blend of EPDM rubber is to thank for its versatility, super low permeability and overall durability.
Aerocel REF is available in solid tube and pre-slit tube with Aeroflex’s SSPT dual tape seam closure.
See submittal sheet for sizes, thicknesses and corresponding R-values.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• IECC, International Energy Conservation Code
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• Efficient, low-thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV AND Moisture Resistance
• Easy to install and keep clean
• Enhanced EPDM performance
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, nitrosamine or fibers
Continuous Usage Range: -297°F to +257°F ( -183°C to +125°C)
Thermal Conductivity (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03
Fire Rating: 25/50 rated (ASTM E84)*
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
*Through 2-inch wall