View/download data sheet.
View/download safety data sheet
SINGLE SOURCE SOLUTIONS!
Aeroflex has everything you need to complete your insulation project, including pipe hanger fittings, fabricated fittings, tapes, adhesives & coatings.
Aerocel® Stay-Seal® with Protape® SSPT™
Aerocel Stay-Seal with Protape SSPT pipe insulation has everything you would expect from a closed-cell elastomeric pipe insulation – flexibility, moisture resistance, low thermal conductivity, etc. Plus, it has all the added convenience of a pre-slit dual tape closure for faster installation and the entire tube, including overlapping Protape seam closure, is made of EPDM rubber, providing users with superior condensation control and protection against moisture intrusion, UV and ozone. Our dual tape system includes pre-applied adhesive at the joined surfaces and the overlapping Protape for a more secure installation. Available in tube sizes up to 16-inch IPS and 2-inch wall thickness. See submittal sheet for sizes, thicknesses, and corresponding R-values.
Available in Aerocel AC, ULP (ultra-low permeance), REF (refrigeration), and White/Gray tubes.
Includes Cel-Link II® glueless seam seal technology!
All SSPT pipe insulation shipments include Aeroflex’s revolutionary Cel-Link II glue-less seam seal solution. These patented “peel-and-seal” adhesive sheets form bonds that are as strong as contact adhesive. Cel-Link II sheets are an easy-to-use, brush-free alternative to contact adhesive. Installers may also use traditional contact adhesive bonding for adjoining tubes and transverse seams.
• ASHRAE Standard 90.1, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings
• IECC, International Energy Conservation Code
• ASHRAE Standard 189.1, International Green Construction Code®
• California Title 24, Building Energy Efficiency Standards
• CDPH Specification 01350, VOC emissions
• MIL-P-15280 (S,T)
• Efficient, low-thermal conductivity
• Long lasting – Excellent UV Resistance AND Moisture Resistance
• Installs faster with industry-leading, patented dual tape closure
• Includes Cel-Link II for joining adjoining tubes (no brushes or adhesives required!)
• Enhanced EPDM performance!
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for low chemical emissions (VOCs)
• No CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs, PBDEs, formaldehyde, nitrosamine or fibers
Hot and Cold Water Piping
Dual Temperature Systems
Variable Refrigerant Systems
Continuous Usage Range: -297°F to +257°F ( -183°C to +125°C)
Thermal Conductivity (Btu·in./hr·ft2·°F): 0.245
Water Vapor Permeability (Perm·inch): 0.03
Fire Rating: 25/50 rated (ASTM E84)*
Plenum-Rated: NFPA 90A/90B
Self-extinguishing (ASTM D635)
*Through 2-inch wall